We have integrated hundreds of robots, including a variety of robotic platforms (e.g. Cartesian, SCARA, delta-style, six-axis) from several leading robotic suppliers. As part of our complete automation solution, we often design process-specific end effectors and tooling, or integrate vision for guided motion and/or inspection capabilities. Robots provide a combination of flexibility, accuracy, precision and footprint that fit many applications involving material handling, assembly and processing.
Although robotic platforms, including collaborative robots, do provide unique versatility in an all-in-one package, they are not the best fit for every application. There's a wide-variety of other approaches to managing materials within an automation system; here are some of the more common technologies that OakRiver has utilized:
- Pneumatics: cylinders from <100 grams to 15,000 lbf for high-pressure clamping, swaging, and cutting/punching
- Rotary and linear motion: servo motors, stepper motors, linear motors, electric actuators; sub 1 second capabilities; servo die presses up to 100,000 lbf; torque/screw driving
- Vision-guided robotics & motion: multi-axis coordinated servo motion systems with placement accuracies below 0.0001"; 2D & 3D vision; conveyor tracking
- Material handling: dial plates, feeder bowls, conveyors, carousel-style indexers, flex feeders
- Miniature parts handling: for singulation and processing of small, or difficult to handle, parts with feature sizes below 0.010"
- Web handling and winding: precision/fine, low tension (below 2 oz, below 1 PLI), specialty materials, non-woven, lithium, papers, poly, film; roll widths from 60" to under 1" and wire diameters down to 0.003"
- Hydraulics: air over oil, clamping/stamping dies in the 200 – 10,000 lbf range
- Fluid handling: coating solutions, sanitizing and sterilizing solutions, drug compounds, powder and slurry mixing, electroplating
- Test tube handling: Labeler and Capper systems for automated lab testing
Contact OakRiver Technology for sales or support.
OakRiver Technology, a PaR Life Science business, has led the medical device, pharmaceutical, and bio tech industries with state of the art, first of their kind solutions. Today, we continue to build on our tradition and look forward to solving your unique challenges. We're available seven days a week, every day of the year. Please contact us to discuss your project.