TEA CO2 laser is ideal for wire ablation due to the wavelength being strongly absorbed by most polymers and poorly absorbed by metallic structures. Additionally, the short pulse ensures minimal heat transfer to the wires and a reduced heat effected zone. PaR lasers have the option of tunable wavelengths, which allows you to use the optimized wavelength for your application.
- Fast and highly reproducible surface ablation
- Low laser operation costs
- Reduced heat affected zone (HAZ)
- Efficient photo thermal ablation
- Optimize polymer ablation by laser wavelength adjustment (if needed)
- Can ablate complex geometries that cannot be stripped by any other technique
- Achievable tolerances better than 100µm
- Strong absorption by most polymers
- Weak absorption by metallic structures
- Simple yet robust and reliable laser construction
- Very low electromagnetic interference emissions
- 9.2um – 10.6um wavelength tunable
Lasers to consider:
Wire Ablation System
Need a complete wire ablation solution?
Contact us to find out more about PaR's wire ablation systems that include:
- Spool to cut-to-length
- Individual wires/tubes
- Sheets (flat substrates)
Non-Destructive Testing TEA CO2 lasers are used to generate ultrasonic waves in composite materials, with the aim of doing ultrasonic non-destructive testing.
Paint Removal The short pulse CO2 laser wavelength ablates most plastics, rubbers, and organic material while being reflected by metallic materials. Ideal for paint removal.
Materials Processing Due to the nature of the laser, the manufacturing possibilities have expanded to drilling, cutting, cleaning and marking of most plastics and organic materials.
Contact PaR Systems for sales or support.
Since 1961, PaR Systems has led the robotics and automation industry with state of the art, first of their kind solutions. Today, we continue to build on our tradition and look forward to solving your unique challenges. We're available seven days a week, every day of the year. Please contact us to discuss your project.