Production System for Eclipse 500 Commercial Jet Aircraft:
- By integrating FSW into the production of the Eclipse 500, the company eliminated 60 percent of the rivets from the aircraft’s design.
- Results included reduced assembly costs, better quality joining, and stronger and lighter joints.
- Using the I-STIR PDS, the team produced thousands of development welds and prototype panels in support of the FAA certification effort. This collaboration yielded the first production application of friction stir welding technology for the fabrication of primary aircraft structures, the I-STIR Aero system.
I-STIR Aero Machine:
- Provided majority of process development work
- Replaced CNC series with I-STIR Controller
- Seven-axis machine for contouring
- Upgraded position feedback for redundant signals
- Replaced all motor and drives
- Supplied 2-axis head for contouring and production tooling
- CAD/CAM compatible programming
- Welded first plane at MTS
- FAA Approved Process Procedures that would Eliminate Post Inspection
Contact PaR Systems for Sales or Support
Since 1961, PaR Systems has led the robotics and automation industry with state of the art, first of their kind solutions. Today, we continue to build on our tradition and look forward to solving your unique challenges. We're available seven days a week, every day of the year. Please contact us to discuss your project.